Textual Landscapes of Singapore: The 2nd Singapore Research Nexus Literary Challenge
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 29 JANUARY 2016!
Textual Landscapes of Singapore
SRN Literary Challenge 2016
Be it a familiar sight or a hidden gem of the urban unseen, an iconic place, space or neighbourhood, an architectural marvel, a uniquely Singaporean site of work or play, an eyecatching plant or creature in our natural terrain or built cityscape, write about Singapore!
- Submission Deadline:
Friday, 15 January 2015 at 12:00pm (noon).Friday, 29 January 2015 at 12:00pm (noon).
- Awards: 10 prize vouchers worth S$100 each. 10 honourable mention prize vouchers worth $50 each. Award ceremony will be announced at a later date on the Singapore Research Nexus Website and Facebook page.
Entry Criteria (Who can enter?)
This competition is open to current National University of Singapore students, faculty, and staff as well as all NUS alumni only.
- Students who will matriculate in January 2016 are also considered current students.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria with equal emphasis on each of the following aspects
- Concept and message
- Voice and tone
- Creativity and originality
- Technical skill
- Organization, readability, and cohesiveness
Email the following to email@example.com with the title “SRN Literary Challenge 2016”:
- Up to 3 entries, poetry or prose
- for poetry, maximum 50 lines each, no minimum
- for prose, maximum 1000 words each, no minimum
- the entry’s title is not included in the word count
- the entry must be about Singapore
- Your Information:
- Full Name
- NUS Department or Programme
- Year of Study (for Students)/Year of Graduation and Degree Conferred (for Alumni)
- NUS Email ID or AlumMAIL ID
- Declaration: I declare that I have read, understood, and agreed to the Terms & Conditions and Copyright Information stated in the submission guidelines.
Terms & Conditions
- Winning entries from other competitions will not be considered, and will be disqualified.
- The Singapore Research Nexus reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed unsuitable for the competition without notifying the participant. Entries that are offensive, irrelevant, or otherwise unsuitable will be disqualified.
- The Singapore Research Nexus will not be held responsible for the inability to read any entry.
- Entries should be in English, although reasonable use of other languages, real or imagined, is allowed if it is an intrinsic part of the work.
- Entries should be typewritten and submitted as a separate attachment in .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .txt format.
- Entries will be judged anonymously. The judges reserve the right to award any and all prizes in whole or in part or not at all. The judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal. SRN is not obliged to provide a reason for the judges’ decision or feedback on your entries.
- All entries submitted must be the participant’s own work, and by entering the competition, the participant is confirming that they are the legal copyright owners of the work submitted. Participants must submit only their own entries. No proxy submission is allowed.
- Copyright of all entries will be retained by the Singapore Research Nexus at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore.
- All entries submitted will become the sole property of the Singapore Research Nexus.
- The Singapore Research Nexus reserves the right to use any entries and due credit will be given to the authors.
- An entry shall not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights or contract rights of any third parties, or violate anyone’s right of privacy.